Suryadattas first ever WREADATHON 2011 completes 24 hours with huge response
Overwhelmed by the response Mr. VVR Murty of Limca Book of Records declares to add event in 2012 edition of Limca Book of Records 'Suryadatta 24 hours Silent WREADATHON - 2011' is a concerted effort to develop concentrated reading skills, stretch optimum level of one's mental, spiritual and physical ability and boost up creativity and research capabilities
- 24 hrs Reading, Writing, Learning, thinking, observing silence, for enlightenment, generation of new ideas, innovation and research. The participants maintained complete silence throughout their participation.
- Time WREADATHON 2011: 19th November, 2011 9:00 a.m. to 20th November, 2011 9:00 a.m.
- Limca Book of Records had endorsed this event, and their representative Mr. VVR Murty was present throughout this event to observe and monitor the entire event.
- From 670 participants , 235 Participants stood till last ( i.e. for 24 Hours approx 50 females + 185 Males),from 18 Foreigners 2 girls stood till last, & Prize ceremony done with round of applause Winner Mr.Yogesh Chandre won the Prize of Rs. 10,000 on the basis of whatever material given to him by Suryadatta , he completed that successfully & got the winning position . Participants were from all Maharashtra
- Mr. V V R Murthy Marketing Manager, Limca Book of Records declared the following names ... at 9.40 am on 20th Nov 2011 for 24 Hours Silent Wreadathon 2011 held at Suryadatta Chandani Chowk Campus, Pune
- Winner - Yogesh Chandre
- 1st Runner up : Arun Gurule
- 2nd Runner up : Harish Mane
- 3rd Runner Up : Mr Pavan Kumar Nelluri
- 4th Runner UP : MR. Swapnil Pote
- The WREADATHON was inaugurated at the hands of Dr Niranjan Pandya, President of Poona Blind Men’s association in the presence of Founder President and Chairman, Prof. Dr. Sanjay Chordiya of Suryadatta Group of Institutes.
670 participants from across the state, registered for this event which included 200 Suryadatta students, 200 other students and 270 professionals. Among them also were many foreign Nationals and few physically challenged participants. Entire event was monitored through 24 hours CC TV camera. Prof. Dr. Sanjay B. Chordiya, Founder president and Chairman of Suryadatta Group was personally present for 24 Hours for overall monitoring and smooth execution of the event. Management Team Comprising of Prof. N.C.Sethia, Mrs. Prema Mangudkar, Brig. (Retd.) V.S.Toley, MRs. Pallavi Lohokare and 60 volunteers worked for 24 hours at the venue. Mr. Kishan Sharma, a renowned comperer, did the compering of the event for non stop 24 hours.
During the breaks taken at regular intervals as per schedule, there were guidance sessions by experts from various fields for 15 minutes. This enhanced the participants' eagerness and energy to read, write, learn and think during the WREADATHON- 2011'. Suryadatta Group of Institutes conducted first ever 'Suryadatta 24 hours Silent WREADATHON -2011' where participants befriended books and took a break from mobiles and laptops. In today's 'e-world' people hardly get time to read books, write, learn and for thinking. Due to fast paced lifestyle and deluge of information from various sources, the attention span of today's youth has drastically gone down. 'Suryadatta 24 hours Silent WREADATHON - 2011 ' is an earnest attempt to take the youth towards age old proven techniques for knowledge enhancement by reading, writing, thinking, reviewing and researching. Routine reading expands our mind powers indefinitely.
- According to our Founder President and Chairman, Prof. Dr. Sanjay Chordiya, "'Suryadatta 24 hours Silent WREADATHON -2011' is not just an unique project but should be a way of life. 'Mounwrata' or maintaining silence helps us to conserve latent energy which can be channelized for enhancing one's overall knowledge base and personality".
- The participants were provided with selected novels, biographies, study books, research papers, etc.
- They also brought their own books, textbooks, novels, national or international journals or some decent reading material. They also wrote poems, draw sketches, research papers and case studies, preparation of checklists, Career Planning etc.
- Among participant mainly there were students pursuing graduation, post graduation & above
The participants also wrote letters to their near and dear ones, etc as the culture of writing letters is extinct. To encourage this, Suryadatta provided post cards and envelopes duly affixed with postal stamps on it and made arrangements to post it on the same day itself. At the WREADATHON participants preferred reading Granth Dyaneshwari, Gurucharanmrut, biographies of Shri Shivaji Maharaj. Many also studied the competitive exam UPSC and MPSC books.
Record of time-in and time-out of participants was maintained at the venue by volunteers and the participants who follow all the rules and regulations of 'Suryadatta 24 hours Silent WREADATHON-2011 ' and those who participate for maximum hours, such first five participants will be felicitated at the end of the event. The winner, the 1st Runner-up, the 2nd Runner-up, the 3rd Runner-up and the 4th Runner-up won the prize of Rs 10,000, Rs 8,000, Rs 5,000, Rs 3,000 and Rs 2,000 respectively. The winners were also awarded with a certificate of excellence. There were also 5 consolation prizes awarded to participants.
During 'Suryadatta 24 hours Silent WREADATHON - 2011', arrangements for mineral water, tea, coffee, cold-drinks, snacks, lunch and dinner were made by Suryadatta Group of Institutes at no cost. First Aid Medical facility and a team of doctors were made available throughout the event. And refreshing arrangements were made available to all participants. To reduce the physical fatigue, the Institute has made different types of seating arrangements on Yoga mats, chairs with writing flap and benches in Swami Vivekananda Applied Research and Incubation Centre of 10,000 sq ft area which comfortably accommodated over 600 participants. A complimentary kit of stationary, T-shirts, library card, Time Card was given to each participant.